Lemon Soy Cheesecake a vegan cheesecake!
- Mc Vities Lite Digestive Biscuits crushed and then mixed with 2 tablespoons of margerine (quantity to use depends on how high/ thick you want your crust to be)
- 4 table spoons of Lemon juice
- 600g White firm tofu
- Soy yogurt (original flavour) one whole small tub
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of Soy milk
- 1 cup caster/ white sugar
- Grated lemon rind about 2 teaspoons.
- For Crust: Crush the biscuits, then add in margerine to form a biscuit/pastry-ish consistency, then using the bottom of a glass, press crushed biscuits into the your baking pan of choice. Bake for 10 minutes @ 180 degree Celcius. Remove and cool it.
- For Filling: Blend all the ingredients above using a blender (advisable to blend tofu first then slowly add in the oil and soy milk) it should be quitea thick consistency looking just like cream cheese.
- Then pour the blended tofu into the cooled crust, and bake in the oven for 1 hour @ 180 degree Celcius or until it is quite firm. Once done, remove from the oven to cool then refrigerate at least 6 hours before consuming in oder to allow it to firm up a little. You can add lemon rind or mint leaves as garnish and eat with orange slices !